Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
Founded in 1956, the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management Development Institute of Singapore Pte Ltd to oversee its Singapore academic operations, and MDIS International Pte Ltd to further its globalisation strategy.
MDIS offers well-accredited courses in:
- Business and Management
- Fashion Design
- Health and Life Sciences
- Information Technology
- Mass Communications
- Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management
These programmes are offered in collaboration with renowned universities in France, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Apart from the main Singapore campus, MDIS has three international campuses – Tashkent, Uzbekistan; Johor, Malaysia; and Chennai, India, set up in 2008, 2013 and 2015 respectively. MDIS also has representative offices in China, India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and Thailand, as well as agents throughout Southeast Asia.
MDIS has a history of providing training and educational services to the community and nation. The S$35 million MDIS Campus in Stirling Road occupies a three-hectare land area and boasts of 70 well-equipped classrooms, five computer laboratories, four life sciences laboratories, four engineering laboratories and workshops, three fashion labs, a psychology laboratory, a hospitality training centre, a media hub (TV and Radio studios), as well as the MDIS Bakery and Culinary Studio. The campus also has an amphitheatre to house art performances and other events, as well as fully-equipped sports facilities such as a gymnasium and badminton courts.
The campus is Wi-Fi enabled, allowing students access to the World Wide Web anywhere on campus. In addition, MDIS enhances students’ learning experience with the Blackboard Learning System and video streaming technology that allows online access to lecture notes, learning resources and recorded lessons anytime, anywhere.
MDIS has another learning centre, MDIS Dhoby Ghaut, at Orchard Road.
MDIS Integrated Campus of the Future
The MDIS Residences@Stirling is the very first hostel in Singapore to be awarded the Green Mark GoldPlus Award. Costing S$80 million, the 15-storey hostel consists of 782 air-conditioned rooms, 14 suites, a lecture theatre and cafeteria. The eco-friendly hostel can accommodate some 1,700 students and is fully-integrated so that students can live, learn and play in an interactive and conducive environment.
MDIS Registration Process
International students are required to apply for a student pass if he/she wishes to study full-time in Singapore.
MDIS registration requires following documents:
- 4 recent passport-size photographs of the applicant (against white background)
- 1 copy of Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) e-Form 16 for online student visa application
- Photocopy of applicant's passport pages showing his/her particulars and travel document's date of validity. (At least 1 year)
- Photocopy of applicant's Birth Certificate / Affidavit
- Photocopy of applicant's Certified/Notarized copy of Education Results/Certificates and Transcripts ( with detailed results)
- Must show proof of English Medium Study/First Placement Test Attempted/IELTS/TOEFL
- University Matriculation Form (if applicable)
*Notarized English translations are needed if documents are in other languages.
The MDIS registration application form shall be accompanied by the registration fee of SGD 321 (inclusive of 7% GST) payable either by cash, cheque, credit card of Demand Draft(DD)/Telegraphic Transfer(TT) from the student.
For TT payment, applicants can transfer the payment to the MDIS Singapore Bank Account of the following details:
: : NAME
MDIS Pte. Ltd.
: : BANK
: : BRANCH
Marina Bay Financial Centre Branch
: : ACCOUNT NO.
: : SWIFT
Applicants are required to indicate their name and passport number on the TT slip.
Applicants are required to submit the documents at least two months prior to the course commencement date. Applicants are not required to be present in Singapore while his/her application is being considered by the ICA. No extension of stay will be granted while the application is under processing.
The general processing time for a new application is approximately four weeks upon the receipt of a duly completed application by the ICA, however some applications may take a longer time to process.
MDIS registration office will inform applicants with regards to the outcome of their application.
Accommodation is an important consideration while you are living away from home. International students should make the accommodation arrangement before they leave the homeland. There is a wide variety of accommodation options in Singapore and the type of accommodation you choose will depend on your personal budget. International students can approach MDIS for assistance on the accommodation arrangement.
(All rates are in Singapore Dollars)
TYPE OF ACCOMMODATION PREFERRED (Subject to availability)
Double Sharing with Balcony(DBL)
Double Sharing with Bay Window (DBW)
Quad Sharing with Balcony (QBL)
Quad Sharing with Bay Window (QBW)
Rental per pax / per month
Deposit: One (1) month rental payable upon confirmation of the room.
NOTE: All prices are inclusive of 7% GST.
Rates as of 13th June 2011
Application is to be made after receiving approval of admission to MDIS.
The hostel room will be reserved upon receipt of the student's photocopy of his/her passport, In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter / Student's Pass (if available), Conditional Offer Letter and Student Contract from MDIS (if available) and fully completed Hostel Application Form.
Based on room availability, the Hostel Management will send a confirmation email to student requesting for a non-refundable registration fee of S$53.50, one (1) month deposit and 2-month / 6-month / 12-month of rental fees to be made within seven (7) days in order to secure the reservation.
Payment can be made by Telegraphic Transfer. Bank details will be provided upon confirmation.
Fostering Vibrant Learning and Living
Ensuring that students living abroad can still feel at home, MDIS creates a dynamic environment for learning, living and meeting new friends from all over the world.
MDIS Residences Resident Committee (MRRC) was formed in January 2013 to encourage a spirit of comradeship and fellowship amongst residents of the MDIS Hostel. In 2014, the MRRC organised several activities; such as the Welcome Barbeque in May, where 120 students came together to meet, mingle and enjoy some good food.
Career Assistance Unit
MDIS Career Assistance Unit (CAU) was formed specially for MDIS students, alumni and members with these objectives:
To train and equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to increase their chances of securing jobs
To create channels or links to assist students/members in their job search
To provide students with the opportunity through the internship program to be exposed to the corporate world while studying
Need a job? Let MDIS CAU help!
CAU Services hosts immediate job vacancies from its partnering employers for MDIS students and members. Members/students can contact or email their resumes directly to the respective employers for the selection.
To further assist our students/members in their job search, they can fill in the Job Application Form (Student) and email back to CAU. Their resumes will be forwarded to our partnering employment agencies for job consideration and selection.
For full-time MDIS students/members who are interested to look for a job, you are required to contact the Career Assistance Unit directly at email@example.com.
Please visit our Facebook page for more up to date news and job opportunities.
Need more tips to assist you in your job search?
Career Articles gives you a good range of articles that may be helpful in your quest.
You can also drop in your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDIS Merit Scholarship (International)
The objective of the MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) is to recognise outstanding academic achievements and provide high calibre international students with the opportunity to develop their full potential. The scholarships are awarded to qualified students on the basis of academic merit, leadership potential, special talents or other personal characteristic in students.
MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) Award
- MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) for Master’s Degree valued at S$4,000 each for foreigners.
- MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) for Bachelor’s Degree valued at S$3,200 each for foreigners.
- Must apply for admission to MDIS before MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) application can be reviewed.
- Have demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Have strong leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- For company-sponsorships, MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) applicants can apply on condition that the company sponsors the remaining programme fees.
Terms and Conditions
- The MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) application is open throughout the year, but applicants are required to submit their applications at least one month before the commencement of their course.
- The MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) scheme is NOT APPLICABLE for MDIS Staff and Progression Students.
- The MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) scheme is ONLY APPLICABLE for NEW Applicants for MDIS Master's and Bachelor's Degree programmes.
- The MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) will be used to offset the course fees and it will be deducted from the last instalment.
- MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) recipients are not bonded by MDIS.
- Shortlisted MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) applicants will be required to go through an interview before being awarded the MDIS Merit Scholarship (International).
- The MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) award does not cover the following: non-tuition fees (i.e. MDIS membership entrance fees, annual membership fees, MDIS experience seminars, City of Glasgow College (CGC) Workshop, medical insurance, condition tutorial fee (if applicable) and Fees Protection Scheme (FPS) Insurance Premium); remodule fees; trip expenses (if applicable) and other miscellaneous fees or expenses.
- Successful MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) applicants will not be entitled for any other grants, rebates or scholarships from MDIS.
- Successful MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) applicants must attend the annual MDIS Scholarship and Bursary Awards Ceremony.
MDIS International Student Tuition Grant
(From 1st Jan 2018 to 30th Jun 2018)
MDIS International Student Tuition Grant Award
- MDIS International Student Tuition Grant for Master’s Degree valued at S$2,500 each for foreigners.
- MDIS International Student Tuition Grant for Bachelor’s Degree valued at S$2,000 each for foreigners.
- MDIS International Student Tuition Grant for GCE 'O' Levels valued at S$1,500 each for foreigners.
Terms and Conditions
- MDIS International Student Tuition Grant will be offset from the last instalment of the course fee.
- Student can defer the commencement of the course once.
- For those applications receive before 30th Jun 2018, student has to be in class by 31st Dec 2018.
Singapore and MDIS have both been an eye-opener for me, not only in terms of education, but in terms of the importance of networking in a truly global school. The education delivered at MDIS College is significantly different from the system in Russia. Mainly perhaps it is because in Moscow it is sufficient to study textbooks and pass exams. In Singapore, the education system is more thorough.-
MDIS Campus @501 Stirling Road, Singapore 148951
Address: 501 Stirling Road, Singapore 148951
Tel: +65 62788000
Nearest Public Transport
Nearest Bus Stop
Bus 970, NR5, 195B, 51, 111, 145, 186 and 195
Walking 3 mins from bus stop B11151
Nearest MRT station
Queenstown MRT (EW19)
Walking 7 mins from Exit D to here
Bus Shuttle Service Pick-up Location from MDIS Campus to Queenstown MRT
Monday - Friday Saturday
7.30am to 9.15am 8.00am to 10.15am
11.15am to 1.45pm 12.45pm to 2.15pm
3.00pm to 4.00pm 6.00pm to 7.00pm
5.15pm to 7.15pm
9.30pm to 10.30pm
Pick-up intervals at approximately every 10 minutes
Exit D from Queenstown MRT Station (w.e.f 28 Dec 2015)
No shuttle bus service on Sundays and Public Holidays